Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2019

The Bird D'pot

After finally getting pictures of eagles, I set my sights on finding and photographing a male Painted Bunting. I saw 2 of them last summer, but they were too quick for my slow hand. 

So, last week I was sitting at the kitchen table, talking to my daughter on the phone, when I caught sight of an orange bird on the porch feeder. I threw down the phone, fortunately it didn't break and my daughter didn't call 9-1-1, and started snapping pics. If I took one, I took fifty pics. I was as excited as when I first saw the eagles.

I haven't seen the female yet. I'm hoping she shows up soon.


He is even beautiful from the back.

Linking to The Bird D-Pot

10 comments:

  1. What a colorful bird.
    Very beautiful photos !
    Greetings from Germany
    https://kreativ-im-rentnerdasein.blogspot.com/2019/04/loving-pigeon-couple.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and your photos are STUNNING!!!! :the female is very pretty too, in her lime green dress!!

    Thanks for joining us at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week...your loyalty is so much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...nice colorful little critter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I love the beautiful Painted Bunting. Lovely photos. Congrats on your sighting. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day. Have a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bird. Thanks for sharing. Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful bird this is, your photographs are fabulous.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is a beautiful bird!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is little more spectacular than a male Painted Bunting.

    ReplyDelete