Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2019

The Bird D'pot

I had a productive back-road-ramble last Monday. We had a furnace repairman out, so I had to take Gus with me to keep him from eating the poor guy. Fortunately, he behaved himself and didn't bark at the birds.

The scissor-tail flycatchers are back. I don't remember seeing them this early last year. 

A female bluebird posed on a barbed wire fence.

There was an entire flock of cedar waxwings in a tree. This is my first shot and the only good one out of 20 plus shots. The rest were too dark.

Linking to The Bird D-Pot

13 comments:

  1. ...wonderful, the first two I never see and the last one only occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scissor-tail Flycatcher is beautiful, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's three great signs of spring Betty. I would love to see a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. Well all three actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great Spring series. I think the scissor-tailed is your state bird?!
    For all your sharing, I and we at I'd Rather B Birdin' send our thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the scissor-tail is the OK state bird. They are everywhere once they arrive, but this is the only one I've seen so far.

      Delete
  5. Hello, beautiful birds, I love all of them! Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That flycatcher is eye catching! WOW! And we have the cedar waxwings in our neighborhood right now too. I'm sure there's plenty for them to eat here! Beautiful photos my friend! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scissor-tail flycatchers look pretty...
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos of the birds! I've never seen a flycatcher in person before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scissor-tail flycatchers is one of the birds people told me, no panic getting shots. We will see many of them. Guess what, we didn´t. I still have no shots of this beauty. :( Thanks for sharing yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW!!!! these are so beautiful, the clarity is amazing. i really adore the last one, i don't see waxwings in my yard!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely looking birds.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete