Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Weekend Roundup - Q

Friday kind of sneaked up on me this week. I just realized today was actually Saturday. I think this might have been caused by a very busy week and a bit of retirement bliss. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. 

This week's assignment: Starts with Q, Favorite, and Quarter.

Starts with Q: Northern Bobwhite QUAIL starts with Q. This guy was trying to hide in the weeds, but I caught him!

Favorite: I absolutely love deviled eggs, so I was happy to see these Quirky little guys on the Easter table.

Quarter: I think this QUARTER should meet the requirement.

Just Because: How about a QUART jar with some QUARTERS in the bottom?

And Finally: The is a QUILT block made up of handkerchiefs collected over the years from trail rides. This one was from the Chisolm Trail Roundup.

Linking to The Weekend Roundup 

7 comments:

  1. Very nice "Q's", Betty. Yes, that Quail must be camera shy. Really good close up Quarter picture, maybe you scanned it. We have all sorts Trail Riders in our roads and highways a week or so from the start of the Houston Rodeo. It's been a long time ago since we attended. I like the stock show about as good, it lasts all day and comes with a rodeo ticket or you can buy it separate. The Mustang is a 1998 GT Convertible, I got it I 2000 while I was still working and then I retired in 2001. Aren't you glad to be retired. But I miss getting the better pay checks.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mustang is my retirement present from me. Mrs. Jim likes to ride in it but doesn't like to drive it.
      ..

      Delete
    2. Deviled eggs are my # 1, omelets # 2, over hard with yolks broken and smeared # 3 and scrambled # 4. Soft don't count and poached must be hard, same for boiled in the shell.
      ..

      Delete
    3. I put the quarter on the patio table outside and took the pic. :)

      Delete
  2. ...neat 'Q'uail.
    ...I love those 'Q'uirky deviled eggs.
    ...at least you can see your 'Q'uarter!
    ...wonderful shot of 'Q'uart jar.
    ...I've seen quilts made with tshirt blocks.
    Thanks Betty for sharing this great post, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quail looks amazing - I've never seen one before and what style! I'm just old enough to remember when a quarter was reallyvaluable!

    ReplyDelete