Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2019

The Bird d'Pot

I saw the first Blue Grosbeak of the season yesterday. I believe this is a non-breeding mail. He's working on his pretty feathers.

This Red-winged Blackbird recently discovered the feeders. I took this pic a couple of days ago. It was a chilly morning. If  you look closely, you can see his breath. I'm not sure if he is trying to attract a lady or if he is protecting the food. I'm voting for the lady since he is looking pretty spiffy when he shows his red feathers.





This Red-bellied Woodpecker stops by almost every morning for a peck and a snack on our light pole.


Linking to The Bird D-Pot

11 comments:

  1. ...the Blue Grosbeak is spectacular and I like the 'BIG mouth Red-winged Blackbird. The Red-bellied Woodpecker is your wakeup alarm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The woodpecker is quite loud, but Gus usually finds something to bark at before the pecking starts. This morning it was a dozen or so deer about 25 feet from the front fence. Sadly, it was still way too dark for pics.

      Delete
  2. Love the Red-winged Blackbird Betty. One of my fave North American birds. And that call is something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birds Betty! We get woken up some mornings by a red bellied woody! But I forgive him because he is so beautiful. My husband says he wishes that bird would find a mate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. colorful birds...
    my favorite is woodpecker...

    Happy Easter to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible, colorful images! I love the R W Blackbird's breath!!

    Thanks for linking in at I'd Rather B Birdin' & happy Easter evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, lovely birds and photos. I love the Blue Grosbeak! Enjoy your day, have a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! Wish I could see a Blue Grosbeak - what a thrill that would be!
    I saw a Red-winged Blackbird yesterday, but it was flying - no photo.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely birds in these photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete