Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Our World Tuesday - Mule Sale

This was my first experience going to a mule sale. We were not in the market for a mule, but I felt certain there would be photo opportunities and I wasn't disappointed. The sale lasted two days. We went on day 1. It was a full day of auctioning tack. Lots of bridles, lead ropes, saddles, saddle blankets, and more. Day 2 would be for auctioning mules. Although there were lots of mules bought and sold without going through the auction.

This is a much smaller version of a Budweiser Clydesdale. He didn't have a number, so I don't think he was for sale. 

Anyone in the market for a horse-drawn hearse?

Or perhaps a stage coach?


Here are some of the mules awaiting their new home.

In the outdoor arena, riders show the mules for prospective buyers. They ride them around, put them in reverse, all to prove their mule is gentle and much better than the others.



This was the cutest little guy ever! Not sure if she is a miniature or full grown. I should have asked. 

This young man enjoyed a high perch while his dad was wheeling and dealing. 

We had a great time. Next time we'll go on Day 2 to watch the mule auction. 

Linking to Our World Tuesday

11 comments:

  1. Interesting day, I have ridden many horses and the odd donkey, never tried a mule. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun shots. Those mules are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great shots. I love your header too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, love the cute mules and the wagons are awesome. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a fun day at the auction. I like your pics of the mules and wagons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mules look so cute.
    lovely pictures you've shared here.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have loved to go to this...like you, I would love the photo opportunity, and like you would have fun seeing it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun event. Great pictures of the action.
    My post features a hike in the “Issaquah Alps,” Washington State, USA.

    ReplyDelete