Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Easter Birds

As I mentioned in my previous post, we had a lot of rain last week. When I was finally able to get out, I grabbed my camera and took off. This guy was enjoying an armadillo. A dead on the road armadillo, of course. He flew away, just prior to impact with my bumper, and waited for me to leave perched on this concrete post beside the road.

Later the fog rolled in and I saw these guys out my kitchen window. They sure are creepy, but perform a much needed service.

This happy little bluebird was enjoying a bath in a mud puddle. The following shots are only a few of the massive amount I took. 





 Once the bath was over, the drying began.


All photos were taken in Southeastern Oklahoma.

Happy Easter!

Linking to The Bird D-Pot

14 comments:

  1. Very cute Eastern Bluebird and lovely photos!
    Happy Easter to y'all.
    Have a Happy WE!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little blue bird is so pretty. Love watching birds bathing. Hope you are having a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wee bluebird is cute giving himself a bath. I like the three birds on the fence, the fog adds a little mystery to the scene. Fantastic captures and have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the blue bird images. And yes those vultures do us a service...great choice of wording. Hi! I'm back from my cruise to Jamaica and wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting I'd Rather B Birdin' in my absence. Have a great day! Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!:) Really great captures! Love the lone Vulture, and the three in the mist. No wonder you took lots of photos of the pretty Blue bird. So enjoyable to see him bathing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a real shame that vultures get something of a bad press. As you say, they perform a useful service, and we all have to eat. That bluebird is so blue. Guess they are coming into prime looks right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Bluebird photos!
    Nice shots of the Vultures, too
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW!! really beautiful captures of the bluebird. they live in this area, but i never see them in my yard!!

    happy easter to you and your family, have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bluebird just made my day! Such sweetness juxtaposed with all that creepiness! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. New to your blog and just loved photos today!
    Happy Easter Sunday
    Simba

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure it wasn't long before the Turkey Vulture returned to the dead armadillo. The amount of road kill is depressing, but I guess it keeps the vultures fed and thank goodness we have them to clean up after us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...Hi Betty, I will be hosting Willy-Nilly.
    The Willy-Nilly meme opens at 12:00 AM eastern time each Friday and closes at 11:55 on Monday. Please stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those bluebird shots make my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blue bird is just wonderful Betty! Huge smiles.

    ReplyDelete