Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2018

This Week in Critters

After 3 days of heavy rain, the sun finally came out. I hung a pot of wave petunias and planted 3 butterfly bushes along the side of the porch. Gus watched while I dug in the mud. I guess it was his job to guard the perimeter. 


Once the work was done, Gus wanted to take a ride in the truck, so we took off down the road. We have new neighbors and they have critters. So far I've seen chickens, a rooster, goats, a paint horse, and this cute little donkey. Gus likes to ride with his head out the window, so he was immediately on guard when this little guy ran toward us, treating us to his very loud bray. Gus barked back.


If you haven't heard a donkey, check out this YouTube video HERE.

This is one of the two goats now living down the road. So cute!

The blue heron pond didn't have a blue heron, but it did have a turtle sitting on a log. As a matter of fact every pond I passed had turtles sunning themselves after the rain. 

Fortunately, I remembered to bring carrots so we could stop and feed the horses. Bo was the first one at the fence. He loves carrots.

It seemed to be a day for runaway critters. At first I thought this was a feral hog, but as I got closer I could see he belonged inside the fence. He chased me when I drove off. Guess he was lost. 

A few miles and a different road later, the road was blocked by these cuties. Fortunately, they let me pass without incident.

Last evening, I had the door open to let the cool breeze in. Gus likes the door open so he can run in and out at will. He was outside on the porch when I saw him hop up and start barking toward the front pond. He then ran to the door, stared at me, barked at me to come on, and then ran back outside. Of course, I followed. He always comes to get me when he sees a good critter. I have him trained well. This is what I saw.


My photography assistant barked which had them looking up to see what the ruckus was. He always gets them to pose, or run away. Often it is run away. :)

All photos were taken in Southeastern Oklahoma.

Those are my critters for this week. Good critter hunting to all. Camera hunting, that is. :)

Linking to Saturday Critters

7 comments:

  1. Hello, you and Gus had some great critter sightings. I love the cute donkey. I love all the farm animals, the goat, cattle, hog and horse. The deer are pretty too. Great collection of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. I appreciate your visit and comment. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a wonderful series of 'critter' photos ~ love them all ~ they are so adorable and sweet! Everyone of them!

    Happy Days to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great place you live in. I envy you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Critter finds! Love your photos! Glad you had a pretty (if muddy) day to plant some flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You see a lot of 'wild' animals! We love seeing those guard donkeys! They are so funny...oh and LOUD. Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a great collection in this post - my favorites are the turtle and the buck. You are lucky to have such a skilled assistant!

    ReplyDelete