Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Another Bird Day

We've been having a lot of wind the last few days. Makes for a lot of bad hair days.
 Mockingbird

Savannah Sparrow

Barn Swallow

 Mr. Eastern Bluebird 

 Mrs. Bluebird is building a nest in our pipe fence. While Mr. watches. 

She was busy finding building material when she saw me watching her from the window. I hope to see some babies one of these days.

This is one of those really, really far away shots. I think it is a hooded merganser. Can anyone see it well enough to see if my ID is correct? If so, it is a first for me.


Linking to The Bird D-Pot

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful series of photos of our 'feathered friends' ~ all so lovely!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Bluebird with her beak full of nesting material is just too cute! I cleaned out our bluebird box and am hoping for residents! That barn swallow shot is almost identical to one I got a few years ago back in Tucson! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the birds are all wonderful, but that Savannah Sparrow, and the Eastern Bluebird are my favorites~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these birds are so beautiful !!
    Fantastic photos !!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collection of birds! Hope you get to see the fledgling bluebirds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eastern Bluebird should be returning here any time soon - and I can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete