Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Wild Bird Wednesday

Monday, while checking all the usual ponds, I was happy to find this Great Egret. He posed for a while...

...and then made his way to the far side.

And then the rain came. This bedraggled Cardinal came out for a snack between raindrops.

I don't think this Meadowlark likes the rain. He looks a little sad.

Hopefully, after today, there will be blue skies again. Stay dry!

All of these photos were taken in southeastern Oklahoma.

Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday

11 comments:

  1. Great photos! The meadowlark does look sad, but maybe it is just that it has spotted something interesting on the ground. I always think of them as cheerful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I hope so too. I hate soggy weather, and although we haven't gotten the 4-6 inches predicted, it's not over yet. At least no tornadoes....one can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!:) Beautiful captures!:) The Meadow lark is a bird I have never seen before. He's gorgeous! Storm Irene is on it's way, but the weather here is pretty bad anyway, rain, and more rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment and the visit. Love this post, I do love cardinals, I have only ever seen one in my life in our visit to the USA a couple of years back. Your weather is muck like ours we have had an all time record rainfall in France this year! Happy Easter Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Egret is wonderful! I wish I would meet this bird some day.
    And other birds are so beautiful!
    I enjoyed your post very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Great Egret is very handsome in his finery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello. Great photos. The Meadowlark is a beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos of the birds! Cardinals are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. seeing the Great egret make me want to travel again :)

    ReplyDelete