Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Critter Time

The horses love treats, so when I walked up to the gate with a bag of carrots, I was pretty popular. 

At least Little Bill, in the middle, said please. Dylan, on the left, waited his turn. Bo, on the right, was Mr. Impatient. 


Bo wanted to be first. He was being a little pushy.


Linking to Saturday Critters



I can't tell you how many times I have patted myself on the back for this find. Driving by a pond at the end of our road, I saw an unusual bird. Fortunately I had my camera next to me. I believe this fine fella is a Double-crested Cormorant. 


Farther down the road, I found this Red-bellied Woodpecker. He stuck around for several pictures before sliding around to the back side of the tree. 


I had no idea what kind of duck this was until I got home and uploaded my pictures. He was too far away for a good picture. I've decided he is a Ruddy Duck. He is uncommon for this area. I went back to find him, but he was gone.


A Crow on our entrance gate. I believe he might be related to us Crows. :)

All pics in this post were taken in south eastern Oklahoma. I sure like it when others post where their critters were found.

Linking to The Bird D-Pot

11 comments:

  1. Hello, your horses are pretty, I am sure they appreciate the treats too. Great sighting of the Cormorant and the Woodpecker. The Ruddy duck is cute with their upturned tail. Great photos. Thank you so much for linking up your post. Thanks also for the comment and visit. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those horses!
    Great bird photos, too. I especially like the Cormorant
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those horses, and the cormorant find! Being around fields of horses here on the Ranch has been such a delight for me...I had missed having them close-by in my life, and have fallen in love with them all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice of your namesake to make himself at home on your fence just like he belongs there -- well, he should, he has the right name. Pretty horses and very nice finds with all of the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful series of photos.
    I like the horses very much, the cormorant is also beautiful.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  6. great collection of critters. Fun shots of the horses andlovely birds. Nice to see your relative :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, attractive horses. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to have Ruddy Ducks in the UK, but sadly no longer. I used to love watching the males with their bubbling display with upturned tail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This indeed is a ruddy duck...it's a female! The males have a blue beak and a much more cinnamon body. Love the cormorant.

    And the horses are so, so sweet!

    Thanks for stopping by to add your link this week at I'd Rather B Birdin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your bird IDs are correct. Congratulations! I just hope you are related to that crow, because they are very smart creatures indeed!

    ReplyDelete