Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Wren Day

The birds are becoming more plentiful at the feeder. A couple of days ago, the Wren stopped by. The bird app says this is a Bewick's Wren. Didn't know there were more than one type of wren. He hung out on the wagon wheel for a second, but that was long enough to snap a quick shot.


The next day I saw him up the road on a branch.


 He was singing a song. I'm sure it was just for me. :)


Then, this morning I saw him sitting on the top of a pipe connected to the fence. Sadly, by the time I snapped the shot he had ducked inside and then immediately flew away.  They are speedy little things.

Linking to Saturday Critters

13 comments:

  1. Hello, Betty! Wonderful sighting and photos of the Bewick's Wren! It would be a new bird for me. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrens do nest in some unusual places. I wonder if he was inspecting with a view to moving in? Keep a watch Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrens certainly are fast! Love the pose on the wagon wheel, and the last photos made me laugh out loud!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little bird - I've seen one or two - and they do indeed move quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little wren. Glad he sang for you. I wonder what he lost down in that pipe? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet little wren. I especially love the last shot. It makes my day to hear the birds singing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...the last one is great! Does your camera have burst?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed all your photos, Betty, but that first one especially! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!:) I'm sure you were thrilled to see and listen to the Wren. Wrens are a treat to see, and they sing loudly and cheerfully,...I love to hear them too. It may have been checking out future living quarters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wagon wheel sure makes a nice frame for the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling little wren, and the last photo made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it looks dangerous in the last shot. What if it got stuck? But you could have helped :) Love them, but as yousay, they are superhard to catch in camera. :)

    ReplyDelete