Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

Weekend Roundup - U

Today's assignment:  Starts with U, Favorite, and Under.

Starts with U: This Red-headed Woodpecker is UPSIDE down on this tree.

Favorite: This little fella's legs are still UNSTEADY. Mama had to help him.

Under: When I let Gus out the other morning, he started barking his mean bark. I went outside to see what was going on and saw this stray dog under the truck. Fortunately, Gus scared him away.

Just Because: I took this photo of a flag on a rock in the middle of a lake in Wyoming about 3 years ago. As I looked through my old pics last week, I discovered an UNEXPECTED surprise. Look closely in the tree. Two eagles! And I thought my first eagle pics were last year.

And Finally: This Blue Grosbeak looks UNHAPPY to see me with my camera. I can almost hear him mumbling under his breath. 


Linking to The Weekend Roundup 

6 comments:

  1. Stunning nature photos and what a pleasant surprise you had - two eagles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If looks could kill you would be dead (last shot) Nearly missed the 2 Eagles but a great shot of the flag for the UNITED States of America. Stay safe and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I like you UPSIDE down woodpecker.
    ...that little fella with the UNSTEADY legs sure is cute.
    ...with your heat, UNDER the truck is no doubt a good place to be.
    ...UNEXPECTED surprises are good!
    ...the Blue Grosbeak may be UNHAPPY, but he sure looks neat.
    Thanks Betty for stopping by, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, you know your birds pretty well. My favorite is the woodpecker, they don't seem to mind being upside down. It will be followed by your Blue Grosbeak, I have never seen one of those before. The bald eagles are always a nice find, we have a few around here. I really liked your cow picture in the post for Sasturday.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, on mine, look Under the bed reminds me always of my younger sister. She is old but still looks there every night. She says that I started it.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The woodpecker is gorgeous, its crimson head standing out nicely! Like moms everywhere, he mama filly is there to guide their children...the eagles and US flag seem to be a natural fit!

    ReplyDelete