Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sunday Birds

Morning coffee on the back porch provided me with a few birds to post.

This tufted titmouse sang a song from his stage high up in a tree...

...and finished his performance with a little pole dancing.

This summer tanager came in a little closer this morning, which allowed me to get a better shot.

Mama cardinal brought a fledgling along with her to the feeder. I was in the right place at the right time for this shot.

Another fledgling cardinal waited on the fence.

My favorite shot of the week—this pileated woodpecker. I have been trying to get a pic of one for a few years. Each time I saw one, I didn't have my camera. When I had my camera, I never saw one. The story of my life. 

To get out of the house for a bit, Hubs and I took a drive down past Lake Texoma. On the way back, I happened to look at a pole along the road. I yelled, "Stop!" He did. Even though Mr. Woodpecker was on the dark side of the pole, I got the shot! It was almost as exciting as my first eagle pic. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Stay well and don't forget to smile!

Linking to The Bird D-Pot

8 comments:

  1. Those baby Cardinals look a little too small to be fledged but I guess they couldn't wait to explore the big wide world. Well done in getting your Pileated pictures. It was worth the wait even though three years is a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, these are just dazzling! I can't imagine the thrill of seeing a scarlet tanager in person. While we have plenty of cardinals, I've never seen a fledgling. Oh, and that woodpecker. Isn't it wonderful when we're in the right place at the right time?

    Thank you so much for coming over to Marmelade Gypsy. It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Betty, you sure found some feathered friends in their finest Sunday dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos! I would be super excited to get a photo of a pileated woodpecker as well. We usually see the male cardinals feeding the little birds around here, what a great picture of the female feeding one. Hope you've had a happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You say, the story of my life. He re, I've driven miles and miles to see a Pilates in the wild...with no luck. You did swell. Love the fledgings

    Thanks, as always, for sharing with us at I'd Rather B Birdin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely set of photos but those babies look very young, presumably they could fly! Keep well, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the shot of the Pileated Woodpecker. In my experience too it has been difficult to photograph. It is a big, noisy, conspicuous bird but it can remain elusive - and often does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, wonderful. Thanks for the great birds (and I’m glad you have a husband who stops when you screech)j)... I’ve got one of those too!)

    ReplyDelete