Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2018

The Bird D'pot

I was out of town most of last week, so didn't get to search for new birds. 

All photos taken in Coal County Oklahoma.

We had quite a bit of rain on Friday. Mr. Dickcissel took advantage of the water puddle outside our kitchen window. 

This Eastern Meadowlark spent lots of time looking up. I couldn't see anything up there but clouds. I think he was messing with me.

We have several Bluebirds nesting around us. This little lady sat on the fence railing even though I was sitting on the porch. She kept her eye on me though.

When I first saw this Bluebird, I thought it was a baby. It was on the ground with its wings spread. Since then I've decided it was a hot female trying to cool off.

The morning we left for the airport, I saw the birds I've been waiting for. Painted Buntings. Early morning light kept me from getting good pics. I'm posting them anyway so my son can see what they look like. This is the male.



And this is the female.

I keep hoping they will stop by again, but no luck so far. 


Linking to The Bird D-Pot


10 comments:

  1. ...these are fabulous, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Painted Buntings are so beautiful. Well done, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. the birds are beautiful, your images are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the female p. Bunting is just as pretty as the male with all her green, don't you? You've got some fantastic birds just off your porch! I'm filled with envy.

    Thanks for linking up this holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, these are super images of your very colourful species.

    Thanks for your visits and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great range of birds - and I don't think I have seen many of them!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful sightings! I have never seen a dicksissel and am not sure I'd know it if I did (but would sure like to learn). You have great birding in your area! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just showed my hubby your bird pics! We had the first one on our bird calendar last month and laughed at the funny name! He sure is handsome though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome shots! I laughed out loud at your comment about the hot female. Since I am having the occasional 'hot flash', I can relate!!! I go out on the deck and 'flap MY wings'!

    ReplyDelete