Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Saturday Critters

My photo assistant, Gus, barked his "I've found a critter" bark to get my attention. I grabbed my camera and ran outside to find one lonely deer crossing the hay field. 

He was quite a distance away, but still stopped to pose when my assistant barked again. (zoom used on both pics)

Armadillos have always interested me because they are most often seen dead-on-the-road. However, since moving to Oklahoma I see live ones on a regular basis. I did like seeing them, note the past tense, until I woke up to my newly finished butterfly bush area torn to pieces. Mr. Dilly also dug several holes in the yard, removed some bulbs I recently planted, and almost dug a redbud tree out of the ground. Not feeling kindly toward armadillos anymore.

This is the culprit. He is living under our storage shed. (photo credit goes to DC who opted for a camera rather than the gun) I'm not sure which I would choose.

On a happier note, this little cutie pictured with pups Willie and Buddy, graduated high school a few days ago. Can't believe she is all grown up and off to college in the fall. Miss my little granddaughter, but am very proud of the young lady she has become.

Linking to Saturday Critters

12 comments:

  1. Hello, your granddaughter is adorable. Cute pups! I love seeing the pretty deer. The armadillo is a neat critter. I have heard they can do a lot of damage. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The armadillo is quite a critter. I've never seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty,
    I really like your blog. :-) Have a nice day!

    Cherrs,
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen an armadillo before. Good to see this one alive, but maybe not for your garden ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...an armadillo is something that I've never seen before. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how good to have an assistant :) Love the deer and your little granddaughter. The culprit is an interesting animal :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Armadillos are very interesting, but I do understand besides being destructive to your plants that they carry Hansen's disease and it's possible that may can spread to humans, though I don't know for sure if breathing droppings, or how. Hansen's is leprosy. So you might consider having professionals come out and remove the critter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your granddaughter steals the show ~ what a cutie ~ Great shots of the deer and armadillo ~

    Happy Memorial Day weekend to you,
    C & Z

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful series of photos, the armadillo and the deer are really beautiful.
    You have beautiful granddaughter.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful animals, and, I am glad you didn't shoot animals, there is no need to kill.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so pleased you opted for the camera. It would be a shame to kill such beautiful creatures. I guess we all have to eat. Maybe if you planted a patch of food for the armadillos?

    ReplyDelete