Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Weekend Roundup - A

Okay, so it's been a long time between blog posts. I've been busy. I finished a novel, edited it, run it past two beta readers, and was critiqued by the writer's group I'm in. I guess you could say I've been busy. But I'm back for now. Not sure how long, because I'm currently editing another novel. Since I've been having blog withdrawals, decided to start posting again. I'll start with a favorite of mine, Weekend Roundup. So here we go ...

Today's assignment is the letter A. Starts with A, Favorite, and Ample.

Starts with A: This poor fella is ANXIOUS to get loaded and head out for his new home. Unfortunately, his new owner and old owner were too busy trading horse tales to take care of business.


Favorite: This is Jube and Kemosabe enjoying a cool drink after a hot day. Two of my favorite horses.


Ample: This scissortail-flycatcher's tail is AMPLE.  

Plus, we sure have had AMPLE rain so far this year. And guess who had to wade in the water to open the gate. That's right, ME! It was only knee deep. :)

Linking to: The Weekend Roundup 

6 comments:

  1. The horses are beautiful. And that bird's tail is the longest I've ever seen! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photography you took and the short film was nice too. But my favorite was the flycatcher's tail and you did need high boots to open the gate. here in the Netherlands it is also not of the nice weather and also receive many rain showers. Also thanks for your visit ad nice comment on 1 of my websites and you are always welcome to read more if you have time because writing a novel also takes a lot of time. Wish you with writing lots of succes. Greetings, Tine

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Betty, what a wonderful surprise! I didn't know what to make of your absence.
    ...The poor ANXIOUs fella.
    ...a beautiful image of Jube and Kemosabe.
    ...the scissortail-flycatcher's tail is AMPLE enough for several birds.
    ...we have been dry until recently.
    Thanks for joining the party, enjoy the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty! I've never seen, or heard of a scissortail-flycatcher, what a tail! I'd love to see this bird fly! We've had so much rain, and it's been cold! Beautiful horses, as always! Happy 4th of July!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That long tail might make it hard to fly for the scissortail-flycatcher.
    Those are a couple of pretty horses. Do you take shoes off to wade to the gate? I'm thinking not as you could cut your foot not seeing where you step.
    Nice to see you back, Betty.
    ..

    ReplyDelete