Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Mr. Hummer

 Every evening about 7:00 p.m., Gus pokes my leg with his nose and keeps poking until I acknowledge him. Interpretation: It's bunny time! So, off we go to look for bunnies. I sit on the back porch and Gus runs back and forth along the fence, only stopping when he spots a bunny. If they sit quietly, like a statute, he never sees them, but they know he is in backyard fence jail, so they are not scared. Once he spies a bunny, the frantic barking begins. Barking makes him thirsty, so eventually he gives up and takes care of business one last time before bedtime. Then we go inside. 

This evening, as Gus was hunting bunnies, there was a hummingbird trying to drink a little nectar. He doesn't like me to be on the back porch, so he perches himself on the fence and waits patiently for us to go back inside. I do believe he was giving me the stink eye!



Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. ...beautiful, I have yet to see one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummers can be quite fierce at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful shot of a male Ruby-throated Hummingbird. So often it's hard to capture the colour of the gorget like that.

    ReplyDelete