Pages

Monday, July 5, 2021

Chickasaw National Recreation Center

 I had a guest visit from out of town last week. So took her to the Chickasaw National Recreation Center in Sulphur, OK. We stopped to see the buffalo, but alas, they were off in the wooded area. I hope to see them next trip. Then we made a U-turn due to the road being flooded. I don't think it was deep enough to cause a problem, but we decided better safe than sorry. 

The Tavertine Nature Center provided lots of good information about the park. 

There are several falls throughout the park. This is one of them. Swimming is allowed and there were several takers on the day we were there.

I wish I had time to take bird pics. Maybe next time.

3 comments:

  1. ...once again, it's nice to see you come up on reader list. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a pretty park to go to, the Chickasaw National Recreation Center. I've always crossed the low water crossing places if I could see the fall area to judge depth and I could see most there. The major problem then is what if the water suddenly rises a lot, would you be stranded?
    ..

    ReplyDelete