Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Back Road Rambles

It's been a while since I've posted anything on this blog. Last fall Hubs had a serious health issue that took us into February and then RA came knocking on my door. My dad's sister had RA. Sure wish I knew then how painful it was, I would have tried to help her. At least my hands are not hurting too much to type now, so I'm going to try to post more of my pics.

I hope everyone is well and practicing social distancing. We are both high risk, so we are doing our best. In order to get out of the house, Hubs has been accompanying me on my back road hunt for critters. 

A couple of months ago, a friend called to tell me about an eagle's nest he found. The pics are not very good since it is so far off the road, and I don't trespass, but they are good enough to see the eagles and now eaglets. This pic is from a couple of days ago. 

The road to the nest takes us past a lake. On this particular day, we saw a trio of double-crested cormorants, one of which didn't seem to mind sharing his spot with a turtle.

Another enjoyed a swim. 

A blue heron landed on the far side of the lake. He stayed long enough for one quick pic before taking off again. 

On the drive home, Hubs happened to see this colt in the pasture. 

Linking to  Saturday Critters   and The Bird D-Pot

4 comments:

  1. ...Betty, it's great to see your post, you have been in my thoughts. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s been a rough start to the year, but things are starting to lookup. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Hello. Wonderful serie of birds. Photo of horses is beautiful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Betty!
    It is great to see your post. I hope you and your hubby are both feeling better. Your Eagle and eaglet shots are great. I love the Cormorant and Heron. The horses are beautiful, I love the little one.
    Take care, stay safe! Thank you for linking up your post. Wishing you a happy blessed Easter. PS, thanks for leaving me a comment. Have a great new week aheaad!

    ReplyDelete