Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Saturday Ramble

In keeping with social distancing while trying to get out and enjoy the beautiful day, we went for a drive. We drove from home, down to Tishomingo, up through Wapanuka, and back home. Our short road trip took us by the eagle's nest. I couldn't see the babies, but either mama or papa was standing guard.

We also drove by the lake where we saw 2 great egrets, a blue heron, and a flock of double-crested cormorants.  I got one pic of three, although I think there are actually four...
...but when I tried to get a pic of the whole flock, they flew.

Hope everyone is finding fun things to do while social distancing. Stay well!

Linking to Saturday Critters

4 comments:

  1. ...I rarely see eagles or a flock of double-crested cormorants. What a nice drive you had, thanks for taking me along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. The eagle's nest is huge. Great photos of cormorants. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, It is always neat to see the Eagles on the nest. Love the Cormorants. Great series. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a safe and healthy new week. PS, thanks for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to say that I am glad you are well and that I started Nature Notes again....Those raptors are amazing...Michelle

    ReplyDelete