Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Weekend Roundup - J

Today's prompts: Starts with J, Favorite, and Jump

Starts with J: This is a JAR filled with apple pie moonshine. It was tasty. I'm not a big drinker, so only had a taste. Hiccup! JUST kidding. :)

Favorite: I'm starting to see a better variety of birds. The Dark-eyed JUNCOS are back. They are busy birds and really hard to capture. 

Jump: Gus loves to play fetch with his ball. Here he is JUMPING up to catch it. Then he bites it so it will squeak. I guess it's his version of 'the kill'. 

Just Because: Anyone who knows anything about Blake Shelton is aware he is from Oklahoma. He opened an Ole Red bar/restaurant in Tishomingo last year. We go for lunch occasionally. His mother opened up a store at the end of the block called JUNK Stars. It has antiques, used items, and crafts. It's a great place to browse. Don't you love the JUNKIE old truck stuck on the side of the building?

And Finally: A night shot of last October's pumpkin carving party. JACK-O-LANTERS at night.

Linking to The Weekend Roundup

11 comments:

  1. ...Betty, what a fun post. At first I thought that the the 'J'ar with filled with 'J'am of 'J'elly. The 'J'unco is a cutie. I wish that I had Gus' energy! Neat 'J'acked up Chevy. Don't rush it. Halloween will be here before we know it. Thanks for stopping by, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Betty! This is a fun Roundup for sure. Great shot for jump and I like to look at Junk! Hope you have a jolly weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, your nice artwork on the pumpkins could win prizes, at least on the mouths. I would visit the junk STARS but I would be afraid of the apple pie moonshine.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little Juncos, we have many around us! The Jack-O-Lanterns are really cool. I don't have a lot of luck taking night time photos, unless it's the moon. I don't know why, but maybe because I use a different kind of camera for moon shots! Have a good week, Betty!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to visit that Junk Stars! Love that old truck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Jug of 'shine looks tempting...We nave plenty of blue jays in our yard but have never seen a Junco, a pretty bird! Gus looks like a fun doggie...I love that old Chevy 3100 above the enry and do not think it is Junk - just an honest old truck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last shot is brilliant Betty also Scary! Just wondering do you make the apple pie moonshine yourself and if so perhaps you might let us know the recipe. I hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, no I don't make the moonshine myself. It isn't quite legal. :) A friend of ours gave it to us. He got it in Texas, not sure where.

      Delete
  8. Hello,

    Love the Junco. The Junk Stars truck is cool. Great series. Happy Monday, have a great day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great selection here, but my favourite is the Junco.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete