Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Busy Thursday

Today Hubs had an appointment for some routine tests at the hospital in Ardmore, OK. This was new territory for both of us. Sadly, I forgot my camera. It's a little over an hour drive through some beautiful country. Next time I won't forget it. We were happy to discover there is a Whataburger in Ardmore. Guess where we had lunch? Yep! Yum!

We did stop by to visit a friend. While they were busy trading and telling tall tales...

...I went out to pet a horse nose or two. This paint is a favorite of mine. 

But I also really like this bay and roan. They all came up to see if I had carrots. Sadly, the carrot lady didn't bring carrots.

We drove the back road on the way home. Not many critters, but did see a couple of turkeys in the weeds.

We were enjoying the evening on the porch until the neighbor's cows decided to walk by. Gus had to run down to the fence to bark incessantly. It was so noisy we decided to go inside.

And that's the excitement of the day. :)

9 comments:

  1. ...NEVER leave home without my camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Makes me mad at myself when I forget it.

      Delete
  2. Those horses are very beautiful. We live in Mennonite country where there are lots of horses and buggies and the clinics and hospitals reflect that. A friend of mine who is an anesthesiologist told me of a patient that came in who had been kicked in the face by a horse, which drove his teeth down to the back of his throat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be dangerous. I never walk behind one if I can help it.

      Delete
  3. Hello, love the horses and turkeys. Never leave home without the camera. Happy Friday, enjoy your day. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely horses...beautiful.
    waw… turkeys in their own habitat.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete