Pages

Monday, March 25, 2019

Random-osity

The Good: Possibly severe thunderstorms were predicted for us over the weekend. The storm passed us by. It made for a pretty eastern sky.

The Random: I ordered two bi-colored butterfly bushes from Gurney's earlier this year. They send them out when it is time to plant. They arrived in early March, but due to our unseasonable long winter, I had to keep them safe until Friday when I finally put them in the ground. I also planted some purple iris bulbs a friend dug up for me. I still need to plant sunflower seeds along the storage shed. Hopefully, winter is over. 

The Fun: Meet Gus. Doesn't he look like a sweetheart? Don't be fooled. He is very protective of the food lady and Frisbee tossing dad. Since we moved to Oklahoma, he has been my photography assistant. When he would see deer, a coyote, or some other critter worthy of my camera, he would run to the door and bark at me. I would grab my camera and go out to see his discovery. Oftentimes, his due diligence ended with some awesome pics.  

However, this spring, something seems to have changed. Now, instead of running to bark for me to get my camera, he is staying outside and barking at the critters. I then grab my camera and run out, usually to find he has scared said critters away. I think he needs retrained. 


Linking to Random-osity

2 comments: