Pages

Monday, December 18, 2017

Tuesday Treasures

Television was limited in my dad's house. We were never allowed to watch shows like Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie. Witches and Genie's were considered the work of the devil. But robbing banks and shooting people seemed to be okay. Every Saturday night, we would load up the car and drive to my aunt and uncle's house to watch Gunsmoke and Have Gun Will Travel. I'm not complaining. I enjoyed them almost as much as my dad. It just seemed odd that comedy was out and killing was in. But then like most men, he loved westerns. 

Last April, DC took me to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City. It was an awesome experience. Below are a few examples of the western treasures inside. My header photo is from the museum.

Matt Dillon


Festus


After Gunsmoke was over we watched Have Gun Will Travel. These are Paladin's guns.


On Saturday mornings, we watched The Roy Rogers Show. 


And who could forget all those John Wayne westerns. 



Linking to Tuesday Treasures

8 comments:

  1. Every family has it's rules - I was never allowed to watch MASH - but I was encouraged to watch the news, which was far bleaker!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved The Roy Rogers Show when I was a kid. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, Happy Trails to you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Betty, my head is still spinning with your Dad's reasoning, oh well. Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, what a beautiful pair! I haven't seen a western in years. Thanks for sharing, Merry Christmas and stop back when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super museum to visit. Wish I could go.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful place to visit!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be such a fun place to see! Thanks for sharing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually did not see Roy Rogers, not much if at all. But surely I seen the show at sometime or other. But oh, I loved the Westerns...any and all. I was not particular.

    ReplyDelete