Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

For the Birds

I spend quite a bit of time traveling the back roads searching for birds. I'm finding birds I don't normally see in my home state of Illinois. All of these birds are from my trip to the grocery store while spending time in Oklahoma. Yes, it takes me about twice the normal drive time. 

I think I have them identified correctly, but if you disagree, please let me know.

Loggerhead Shrike 


American Kestrel 


Eastern Bluebird (male) 


Eastern Bluebird (female) I do see these birds in Illinois, but in the summer, not the winter months.


Ring-necked Ducks


Wild Turkey



Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday

7 comments:

  1. Hi Betty. Yes I know how those 1 hour journeys quickly become three or four hours. Looks like your last trip was worthwhile. Love the bluebirds and of course the American Kestrel - so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I wish to see a Shrike and this one is certainly a beauty. We had so many wild Turkeys tromping through our area last week, I could hardly keep the count going...I think between 20 and 30~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Loggerhead Shrike. It's the straight back with squared off head that takes my fancy. I agree, photography certainly does extend trips. I think my wife gets sick of me stopping so many times for photos when we go anywhere together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures - and the ID is 100% correct.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos.
    The RG always calls out 'Kestral' when we are driving along but by then I have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sightings! Loved seeing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, great set of birds and gorgeous shots of them :) I envy you but glad you are sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete