Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sparrow

I'm back again. After some problems, internet is now up and running. I have been driving the back roads looking for birds. Haven't been able to get too many shots, but I keep trying. 

In Illinois, most of the birds enjoying my feeders are sparrows. Mostly house sparrows. Some think of them as a nuisance, but I like them.

I believe I have identified this little guy correctly, but if you disagree, please let me know. Oklahoma is their winter range. 

White-crowned Sparrow


He doesn't look to happy in this shot. 



Linking to The Bird D-Pot -

5 comments:

  1. Great to see you posting...and love this little sparrow. Such a little beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...you're lucky to have even one!! That's one more than I've ever seen.

    Thanks Betty for linking with us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bird. I did see a few on my trip to Yellowstone but they were juveniles and I needed help to ID them :)

    ReplyDelete