Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Wild Turkey Day

The past few days have been excellent for turkey sightings. I saw these on my way into Ada over the weekend. I stopped in the middle of the road and hopped out of the truck before they noticed me. (evening light)



It didn't take long for them to discover they were being watched. After about 4 shots, they disappeared into the trees. 



I saw the turkeys below yesterday when I drove the same road looking for one of my gloves I seemed to have lost. I thought I dropped it on the road when I hopped out of the truck with my camera. (morning light)



Sadly, no gloves were found.



However, once I got home I decided to search the truck once more. I moved the rug from the console, used to keep Gus from digging his claws into the upholstery, and viola! there it was. Just in time for this very cold weather!

Hope you are staying warm. Happy Wednesday and best wishes for a wonderful New Year!

Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday

7 comments:

  1. Nice pictures of the turkeys. We have quite a few of them around where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of the Turkeys!
    I have not seen any Turkeys close enough to the road to get a photo
    We have extreme cold weather in the forecast for this week-end, too. I may just hibernate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, great shots of the turkeys. I am glad you found your glove, it is super cold here. Stay warm. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We even see Wild Turkeys in suburban neighbourhoods now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We see wild turkey in some fields near us. Glad you found your glove. Also I grew up in very southern Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you are so blessed! I don't see a single beard...so maybe they are all ladies. We are not seeing as many turkeys as we used to. And we both miss seeing them.

    ReplyDelete