Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Weekend Roundup - I

Today's assignment: Starts with I, Favorite, and Inspiring.

I didn't think I would find an I worth posting, but then we had a night out at Remington Park.

Starts with I: I found this beautiful statute of an INDIAN riding his pony. The flowers, grass, and pine trees made for the perfect place for a ride.

Favorite: In the 9th race Trixie Racer was considered the favorite. Which meant my meager bet wouldn't bring in much cash if she won. She is one of 5 horses brought over by the trainer, who happens to be the stepson. This made her a favorite of ours, too. So, Hubs and I placed our bets...

...and she won. We were INVITED to have our picture taken with her in the Winner's Circle. INCREDIBLE! 

Inspiring: As this beauty showed her stuff, Hubs and I decided her long legs meant a long stride, IDEAL for a win. She didn't. :(

Just Because: INNOCENT Storm was an INTERESTING name, and most of the time this is how I choose the horse to bet on. However, had she been named Storm, I might have placed a bet, but the INNOCENT part made her seem too docile to win. She didn't.

And Finally: Stepson wanted Hubs to meet one of the owners, so he INTRODUCED them before the last race. It was a fun night!

Linking to: The Weekend Roundup 

6 comments:

  1. ...fabulous Indian sculpture!
    ...Incredible is right.
    ...looks can deceive.
    ...just too much horsing around for me!
    Thanks Betty for checking in, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful horses! I've never seen an real horse race... must be exciting and funny.
    Enjoy your sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty, sorry to be late.
    I too like your Indian find. I'm wondering if it is a genuine Remington sculpture piece. I've never been to a real horse race, and only once to our race track. That was when Ford Motor came with a new Model exhibition here. I drove a Mustang on an obstacle course. When I left my time was still amongst the top times. I think maybe now there are no horse races anymore. We also closed our dog track.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sculpture is amazing …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete