Pages

Friday, August 9, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - F

This weeks assignment: Starts with F, Favorite, and Full.

Starts with F: What is a parade without a FIRETRUCK? There were several in this year's Independence Day celebration.

Favorite: Horses are a FAVORITE of mine. Especially this FLEABIT Roan on a FOGGY morning.

Full: We have had a lot of rain this year. After a downpour, this puddle was so FULL of water a goose decided to have a bath.


Just Because: Have you seen the movie 8 Seconds? If you have, or if you follow rodeo, you will know Lane FROST was a FAMOUS bullrider during the 80s. His last ride was at Cheyenne FRONTIER Days in Cheyenne, Wyoming. He completed a successful ride, dismounted, and landed in the dirt. The bull turned and hit him in the back with his horn. The impact caused broken ribs. Lane initially got up and waived at his friend, Tuff Hedeman, for help. He took a couple of steps and then fell. The impact caused his ribs to puncture his heart and lungs. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Last month we went to the rodeo near Ada, OK. Lane had competed there many times. On the night we were there, Lane FROST was being inducted into the Hall of Fame. His mother (pictured below) accepted the award. 

And Finally: This Red-winged blackbird was showing of his FEATHERS when he flew off the FEEDER.

Wait! One More: The end. A FLY'S end, that is. He mooned me as I was about to snap the pic. :)

Linking to The Weekend Roundup

8 comments:

  1. Your shot of the horse is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you can't have a parade in these parts without firetrucks.
    ...what a beauty.
    ...with all the rain there's a lot water front property.
    ...this is all new to me!
    ...a favorite of mine.
    ...not a favorite of mine.
    Thanks Betty for stopping by, I hope that all is well with you. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horses are a favourite of mine also....I have been lobbying for one of my own for a couple of years now...but it all fall on deaf ears :( I had to laugh at your last pic of the fly...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps....thanks for visiting my Friday Mish Mash and leaving a lovely comment.
      Cath@Home

      Delete
  4. Nasty old fly. We had a lot of firetrucks too at our parade. We watched the parade out our window at McDonald's. My sister was in town from Iowa visiting her daughter here. Oh yes, that horse is a beauty, I hope you ride it.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firetrucks ara always great and welcome... - wish, we had here any water, sigh! (not seriously rain since months)
    Your photos of the blackbird and fly are spectacular.
    Have a good new week

    ReplyDelete
  6. second visit from me and the fly butt still makes me giggle....what am I? 12 years old???? thanks so much for linking your post at CountryScapes with Cath@Home...it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOps, sorry, forgot where I was linking from...nevermind...hopefully you will join my linky in the future https://cathathome.blogspot.com/2019/08/countryscapes-1-will-you-join-me.html

      Delete