Pages

Friday, July 26, 2019

Weekend Roundup - D

This week's assignment: Starts with D, Favorite, and Dark.

Starts with D: I am lucky enough to have a visitor from out-of-town this week. She is a fan of Blake Shelton, so I took her for lunch at his venue in Tishomingo. There is a restaurant called Ole Red and a music venue called The DOGHOUSE.


Favorite: We had lunch at Ole Red and when we were finished, walked toward the gift shop. I love all DOGS (well, except the mean ones), so when I saw a board with tons of DOG pics, I had to stop and admire the pups. 

I pointed out a red heeler to my friend/cousin and then looked again. It was GUS, my red heeler. 

Last year Ole Red requested people send in pics of their DOGS, so I sent in this pic of Gus and then promptly forgot all about it. Made for a nice surprise.

Dark: While enjoying our delicious meal, I noticed this neon sign lighting up a DARK wall. Hmm....

Just Because: I found this DOME on a church in Oklahoma City.

And Finally: This beautiful DRAGONFLY landed in some dead grass along the fence. I think he is a Blue-tailed DRAGONFLY.


Linking to The Weekend Roundup

7 comments:

  1. ...'D'andy ' D's Betty! The 'D'ragonfly has to me my favorite, they move way too fast for me to get a good shot. I hope that all is going well in your neck of the woods, please come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty! That's a beautiful dome on the church. I like trying to get pictures of a Dragonfly, but I don't get them often. Yours is so pretty! The neon sign is cute! Have a good week, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like 'Ol Red', its unpretentious style likely shows up in its many and entertainment - and I love doggies too! The dark night needs to be brightened up a bit - and the bold red neon with its fine sentiment works nicely :) The dragonfly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty church and: what a surprise to see your Gus there!
    Have a great sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb post, Betty. I am glad your friend came to visit. Being where you are she might worry some that civilization has lost you. Reminds me of Barbara Bush when she and George H.W. came to Midland Texas. Her mother started mailing her care packages with things she thought Barbara would be missing out on.
    The dragon fly is my favorite, we should encourage them as bad insect eaters and as pollinators. Good Gus' picture was used. Some time you are reading my blog, I'd like for you to search for "Adi", my beagle dog. We were buddies.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures, especially the Dome.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete