Pages

Friday, August 24, 2018

Weekend Roundup - H

This week's assignment: Starts with H, Favorite, and Horse.

Starts with H: HAT starts with H. This is me trying on HATS at a friend's HOUSE. I kind of liked this HAT.

But this is a more impressive HAT. It's Andrew Jackson's inaugural HAT.

Favorite H: This is yet another HAT, but more importantly it's a HUG between great grandpa and grandson. A favorite picture of mine.


Horse: Or in this case, HORSES, and a little mule. I'm especially partial to the horse in the left side foreground. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is a Strawberry Roan. Beautiful!

Just Because: HELICOPTER starts with H. This one landed to take meet an ambulance. It will take someone to a hospital in Oklahoma City.

And Finally: In my opinion, no H post would be complete without a Ruby-throated HUMMINGBIRD. I enjoy watching them especially in the evening and the evening light enhances this one's beauty.

And because I love them so much, how about one more HORSE? I saw this guy on one of the back roads I frequent. He looks like a nice horse.

Okay, what about yet another horse. This one is a beauty and also found during a back road ramble.

Linking to The Weekend Roundup 

8 comments:

  1. I also love hrrses and yes that is a strawberry roan. Enjoy your weekend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. The horses are quite a welcome sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of great photos here. I love the hummingbird shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the hats, Betty! The horses are gorgeous, and I never even thought of a hummingbird or a helicopter. Very good "H" week, Betty!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...come on Betty next time try to fing a BIG 'H'at! Now when it came to horses I knew that you would ace it and you didn't disappoint! WOW, what a favorite.' 'Helicopter is a great 'H' something that I rarely see. Thanks for sharing, I hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have found some pretty horses, Betty. The last one will be my favorite, maybe because you were closer when you took it. That hat will shade you very well and good if you have sensitive skin. If you don't need a big one like that, I'd recommend one that breathes. The one you tried will be hot wearing.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried it on for fun. No way I would actually wear that one. :)

      Delete
  7. Yes love all the horses but the Hummingbird is my favourite. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete