Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Thankful Thursday

My granddaughter, an awesome composer and musician, told me she will be dedicating her recent composition to me. It is titled A Plethora of Flowers and will be played and judged by professional musicians. Last year she won best in show.

There is a story behind the title. When she was a little over 3 years old, we drove by a field of flowers. She said, "Grandma! Look! A plethora of flowers." She amazed me then and has continued to amaze me throughout the past 18 years. She will graduate high school in May. I miss that little girl, but celebrate the woman she has become.

I wish I could adequately express how much this honor means to me. Words are not enough.


Linking to Thankful Thursday

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Grandkids have a way of making you thankful and proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! A very special occasion for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to hear that you are so touched by her actions. And, as a fellow clarinet player I love to see this! Thanks for linking up today. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this post.I am always love young musicians as being a piano teacher.
    You have a wonderful granddaughter. Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the title. How lucky you are to have a great relationship with your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, your granddaughter sounds amazing. Lovely story. I hope she wins!
    Enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete