Pages

Friday, July 3, 2020

Weekend Roundup - A

I've missed the last couple of weeks. We were stir crazy, so took off for Yellowstone. After 3,650 + miles and 2 weeks, we were ready to come home. Most fast food restaurants were still open for drive through only, but we didn't have any trouble finding a restaurant for a good meal or a hotel. The hotels in Yellowstone were closed, but the ones outside were open. After a few days rest, I'm ready to go again. 

Today's assignment: Starts with A, favorite, and Architecture.

Starts with A: This entryway, at a motel in Dubois, Wyoming, was made out of ANTLERS wired together. 

Favorite: It's horses, of course. These are enjoying breakfast ALL AROUND the feeder.

ARCHITECTURE:  This is The Parthenon in Centennial Park, Nashville, TN. It is a full-scale replica of the original Parthenon in ATHENS. It is an art museum and well worth a visit.

Just Because: This is a sculpture titled: ALL The World. The sculpture is part of the 2020 Sculpturewalk in downtown Sioux Falls, SD. She looks to be ANTICIPATING an ADVENTURE.


What the Heck - One more: Granddaughter, the ARTIST, is creating ART. 

And Finally: We like to go to an AMISH store south of Wapanuka, OK. They have the most delicious fried pies I've ever tasted. On this particular visit, there was an AMISH buggy parked outside.


Linking to The Weekend Roundup

7 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I love the photo of the horses. The sculpture of the girl is pretty. Your granddaughter's art looks beautiful. I remember seeing an arch of antlers in Jackson Hole, it was amazing. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The antler gate is quite a sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, I'm glad you got to go to Yellowstone. It has been a long time since we went, we took Mom and Dad to Oregon to visit my Grandmother, step grandmother, she was young and married grandpa when Mom was 17. Mom died in 1999 and our younger daughter, now 46, was in the fifth grade. Thank you for the pictures of that visit, I feel there will be more soon.
    Horses must be the state animal for Oklahoma? You find some really pretty ones. Yes, I think your statue lady is anticipating something fun and good.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I've seem ANTLERS, but this many!!! One of your posts wouldn't be complete without some beautiful horses. If I ever get to Nashville I will have to check out the ARCHITECTURE! What a sweet statue! Thanks for sharing your granddaughter's art and the Amish sure get around! Thanks for sharing Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great set of As! I love the girl statue and the Nashville pantheon is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your favorite - the big horses are busy chowing down yet the little foals seem more interested in the photographer than breakfast...I've seen art made from antlers than antlers themselves as art! The Parthenon is amazing and the sculpture looks so lifelike and certainly in search of Adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photographs.
    I like the sculpture of the girl, and your granddaughter's art looks very nice.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete