Pages

Friday, January 19, 2018

The Week in Review

1/14/18 Sunday

It was too cold to really get out on Saturday, so spent the day doing chores inside.

Fortunately, Sunday was a better day. Took Gus for a walk to the front pond.

Beautiful blue skies.


Watched this guy eating weed seed through the kitchen window. Entertainment while cleaning.


1/15/18 Monday (MLK Day) 

The feeder on the other side is down about half. The meadowlarks have found the food. Yay!



This guy was singing for his supper. I'm sure he was saying thanks.





1/16/18 Tuesday

Very cold day, but the horses didn't seem to mind.




1/17/18 Wednesday

This goldfinch posed for me while enjoying some weed seeds by the gate. I invited the family up to the feeder. Hopefully they will show up soon.



Meadowlark perched on the feeder.


Friends beneath the feeders.


I got a text from a friend telling me about this cute pup. She was dumped out by a school earlier in the day. It was 9° outside. I can't believe people can be that uncaring. Fortunately, he was found and now has a wonderful forever home out of the cold. Her name is Callie.



1/18/18 Thursday

DC had to go to Shawnee for some tests. One was cancelled due to the tech being ill with the flu. So, we finished earlier than expected. Whataburger for lunch. There were several horse sculptures. I only got one picture this time. I'll try to get more next time. They are all beautiful.




One the way home, saw these happy geese on a somewhat frozen pond.


My find of the day. I love hawks!


Another cow at large. Not only do we have to watch for deer in the road, we have to watch for cows, too.


This black vulture was watching for food from his perch in a dead tree. I think they look more evil than a turkey vulture.


1/19/18 Friday

This was the day of the armadillo. I saw 4. All on different roads.




Linking to Saturday Critters

Linking to The Bird D-Pot

20 comments:

  1. What lovely shots. You had a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, wonderful post and photo. I love the cute puppy, how sad someone would throw him out! The armadillo is a cool critter. The Meadowlark is a beautiful bird. Pretty horses. I have seen cows and horses running down my street. Great series of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...a much different look to your winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness! So many neat critters!

    I've fallen in love with Callie!

    (I'll be back tomorrow as Hostess of our bird sharing blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty, for taking part & showing off your wonderful 'larks & vulture for us birders @ I'd Rather B Birdin'!

      Delete
  5. It may have been cold but you got some super sahots there Betty. your meadowlarks are just beautiful, a species we don't get over here more's the pity. And of course I would just love to see a real live, wild Armadillo.

    Here, it just keeps raining and blowing, so I too feel your pain at not getting out as much as you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous photos of nature ~ the 'doggie steals the show' ~ so glad that cutie has a warm and loving home now ~

    Happy Weekend to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The meadowlarks are beautiful. You captured some lovely photos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's quite an array of critters. I love the Meadowlarks. We see them only in the spring and summer in our pasture so I enjoyed your photos.
    Love the armadillo, too.
    Have a great weekend!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photos! What a treat to spot a hawk & an armadillo!
    So glad that cute puppy has a new home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What an array of wildlife. You got some beautiful photos. I remember you from Rubbish by Roan. Nice to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing walk! I can't get over all you saw! Fantastic meadowlark, and the armadillos, and horses! All your photos were incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!:) Wonderful photography of an array of critters, that are a delightful change from the wildlife I see around here. The Meadow lark is really beautiful. I once saw an armadillo shell case, which a friend of mine brought back from her hols, but would love to see a real life Armadillo. So glad you took the sweet pup into your care.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I envy you those Meadowlarks. It's going to be a couple of months yet until we see them back here. Great looking bird with a delightful song. We get primarily Eastern Meadowlarks here as you might imagine, but every so often a Western Meadowlarks strays into the area - it's a good thing they sing, otherwise we would never know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photos of the Meadowlarks! We don't often see them here in MS, but it is always a thrill when they show up. I remember Whataburgers from a trip we made to Oklahoma years ago - delicious! (We have a cousin in Ardmore). And the horse sculpture is beautiful. Cute little pup - so glad it has a good home. And Hawks always great to see
    Hope you are having a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful birds and critters. Love to see the lark and I have never seen an armadillo. Cool little fellow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful photos! I especially enjoyed the ones of the meadowlarks and the black vulture. We see turkey vultures often around here but I can't recall ever seeing a black vulture. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are really blessed with so many beautiful birds and critters that can be easily spotted on your walk and drive. That little pup can easily melt anybody's heart. Who could be so heartless to dump the poor pup. I am glad that someone found and took the pup home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you have some bright and beautiful birds there. the hawk is gorgeous and so are those horses. this was a wonderful post full of a nice variety of critters!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Meadowlarks sure have beautiful colors and markings! I don't think we have those here. You've had a busy week! Hope this one is a good one too!

    ReplyDelete