Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Weekend Roundup - J

This week's assignment: Starts with J, Favorite, and Jewel.

Starts with J: This is my friend JUBE. He likes nose rubs, neck scratches, carrots, and his favorite—apples.



Favorite: Other than horses, birds are my favorite critter to photograph. This is a dark-eyed JUNCO sitting on the fence.



 Jewel: Diamonds are a girl's best friend, or so 'they' say. This is the most treasured JEWEL in my JEWELRY box. Grandson Adam gave it to me when he was a little feller. I think it cost him a whole nickel. He might have been a little disappointed when the bubble gum machine didn't give him something more manly, but he was excited to give it to me. I still have this beautiful ring and it remains my favorite diamond ever.


Hope you are having a marvelous weekend!

Linking to The Weekend Roundup

8 comments:

  1. ...JUBE is handsome.
    I like your JUNCO. I went to s spot that often has a number of bird, just vultures and hawks flying over head.
    ...What a keepsake.
    Thanks Betty for stopping by, take care and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photographs, I especially like the one of Jube.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the horse and junco! Great photos. Take care, enjoy your day. Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jube is a very handsome horse and tat is a great shot of the bird Betty. The ring must be very special to you. I am going to see my family tomorrow on the Isle of Wight for 2 weeks (At last)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty ring, just meant for grandmothers.
    Jube is a pretty fellow, looks like he is ready for a ride right now.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photographs, I especially like the one of Jube.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice set of pictures - and the story about the ring is great - worth its weight in diamonds!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    PS: sorry for long delay between visits, being in lockdown is not good for me!

    ReplyDelete