Pages

Friday, November 8, 2019

Weekend Roundup - S

Today's assignment: Starts with S, Favorite, and Single.

Starts with S: I took Gus for a STROLL this afternoon. After a few days of rain, it was nice to see this beautiful SKY. 

Favorite: Hubs took me down to Ole Red in Tishomingo, OK for lunch on the 4th. Since we were celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary, we ordered the BS Bloody Mary. BS is short for a couple of not-so-nice words, but I choose to believe it is named after the owner, Blake SHELTON. It has a STRAW, Mr. Shelton's own SMITHWORKS vodka, and a SLIM Jim, among numerous other items. We could have called lunch over after finishing all the goodies. But, of course, we didn't. The drink wasn't very STRONG. No buzz. I would know since I'm not much of a drinker. Two mixed drinks would put me under the table. After a walk around downtown Tish, we drove by the original Chickasaw National Capitol Building, and checked out a nature reserve. SADLY, we didn't see any birds.


Single: Last evening on the local news, they were talking about this wildflower. Seems scientists believe it may have medicinal uses. It is called SNOW on the Mountain. This is a SINGLE bloom.

A few more blooms.

And this is SEVERAL blooms. They sure are pretty scattered around in pastures. 

Just Because: This is one fine looking SADDLE. 


And Finally: While visiting Tishomingo, OK, happened to look down and see this STAR in the sidewalk.

What? No horse? I surely can't have a post without a horse: This is Dylan, Romeo, and SOCKS the Mule on a frosty morning.

Linking to The Weekend Roundup 


7 comments:

  1. ...a stroll under a beautiful sky sound mighty nice! That quite a drink. We have a different snow on the mountain, yours is a beauty. I'm not sure that I'd love to sit in that of any saddle. Betty you are going to be in great shape when H comes around. Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GUYS !!! Time on the town to celebrate sounds like fun. A friend and I went up to Oklahoma to visit his friend who had moved up on a river to start a catfish farm. It was near the Cherokee Nation Capital. But I don't know really where I was.
    The horses and the mule in a frosty pasture picture is a pretty scene. The saddle Dad used on Minnie, the horse I rode to school was the kind you spotted but the horn and back were a couple of inches shorter.
    Thanks for peeking in last weeks too
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's some Euphorbia! With its variegated leaves, it surely looks a bit like snow. Great S choices. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the name BS but prefer a bloody Caesar to Mary. I LOVE Blake Shelton! I wish we could find his vodka here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty, I like "SNOW on the Mountain" although, I've never heard of it. It's so pretty! Nice variety of "S" photos, and I agree, the saddle is beautiful. Have a good week.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a fancy BM! love the last pic

    ReplyDelete