Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Duck, Duck, Deer, Barn

Since we moved last spring, it has been difficult to get nature pictures. Our lawn doesn't have any trees and it is huge. outside the fence, there is a pond and lots of trees, but I can't sneak up on the critters. They have a clear view of me inching toward them. I'm reduced to extremely long shots, which doesn't make for very good pics. But I try.

I have seen ducks on the pond the last few days, but Gus likes to bark and scare them away. This morning I was able to get one halfway decent shot before they flew. Wood ducks.


First thing this morning, before it was light enough for pics, there were 5 deer over by the garden. Later, this deer came out of the woods. He was a little closer than the ducks on the pond, but not much. He seems to have had an altercation with another buck or perhaps a tree—one antler and a stub.


I found this fine old barn on one of my back-road-rambles in October. 


 Linking to The Barn Collective

2 comments:

  1. ...Wood Ducks sure beautiful critters! That buck once had a decent rack. I sure like that rusty roof on your barn today, Betty. By today's standards that grain bin is might small. Thanks for for stopping by, I hope that you by another barn or two.

    ReplyDelete