Pages

Friday, January 25, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - D

Today's assignment: Starts with D, Favorite, and Down.

Starts with D: DUCKS and DUSK starts with D. One of the first shots taken with my Christmas present. It wasn't a great pic since the ducks are out of focus, but liked the setting sun reflecting off the water. Otherwise it would have been deleted.

A Favorite: Well, this DOG has to be my favorite shot of the week. Gus likes to run free when I walk down to fill the DEER feeder.


Down: This statue of champion hillclimber and dirt racer Joe Petroli in Sturgis, South Dakota depicts him laying DOWN on his motorcycle.


Just because: Loving this picture taken at DAWN.

And Finally: DIGNITY is an impressive statute overlooking the Missouri River at a rest area near Chamberlain, South Dakota.



Linking to The Weekend Roundup

9 comments:

  1. Hello, love the sun's reflection on the water. Gus is a handsome dog. The Dignity statue is impressive. I would love to see it in person some day! Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love Dignity! Love your dusk and dawn shots...and I think we all have our favorite dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW love all your " D " images and your dog is great. That is a wonderful statues. It is huge. A gorgeous shot taken at dawn Betty. A lovely time of the day. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....fabulous 'D's, Betty! 'D'ucks and 'D'usk look great to me. I can see why Guy is a favorite. 'D'own: This statue of champion hillclimber and 'D'irt racer Joe Petroli in Sturgis, South 'D'akota 'D'epicts him laying 'D'own on his motorcycle, 6 points. 'D'ignity is amazing. Thank for being here, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first picture is great, Dawn!! We aren't looking to see pretty ducks but they do complete the photo. I suppose your dog is my favorite also though the "impressive" statue gives him a run.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great "D" photos! "DOWN" is awesome! I love Dignity! I like how you took the picture with people in it, gives you a feel for just how big this really is! We hope to travel to the Dakotas this summer or next, I definitely will add this to a list of things to see. Have a good week, Betty!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Dawn photograph but Dignity is just so impressive.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ducks at dusk make for a perfect 'D'! The doggie is a great capture too...Sturgis is known to this New Englander as a meet for motorcycles. We al need a sense of dignity...

    ReplyDelete