Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Saturday Critters

I've been having internet connection issues, so I'm behind on visiting other blogs, but will get around as soon as I can.

We had somewhere between 15-20 inches of rain a week ago. I looked out the window and saw this coyote foraging for food in the torrential rain. These pics are taken through the window. I wasn't as interested in getting soaked as this coyote.


I'm told the coyote found a pocket gopher for his supper. I haven't heard of them before, but I researched and it looks to be correct.


After the coyote disappeared, I saw this killdeer poking around in the grass. Also during the torrential rain.  

Linking to Saturday Critters

8 comments:

  1. Better to stay under cover, but I guess that meal was worth it for the coyote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, that is a cool sighting of the Coyote catching the gopher. All the critters need to eat. The Killdeer is beautiful. Great collection of photos. Thanks so much for linking up your post. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great entertainment during the storm!!! and yayyy for clean windows, your captures are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great Coyote, looking for something to eat. Also, beautiful Killdeer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great series Betty! I love when good photos (and your explanation) teach me something new ...thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of the coyote catching its supper! Always fun to see Killdeer.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some very good photographs you've shared here, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete