Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

The Roadrunner

2/3/18 Saturday

Friend, CE, and I went shopping in Ada. On the way home, I saw a roadrunner - Beep, Beep - crossing the road in front of us. CE drove really slow so I could get a pic. I saw him run in the fence row and knew approximately where he was, but couldn't find him. He didn't run, so I think he thought he was safe in his camouflaged state. Can you see him?



Can you see him now?



How about now? After this shot he took off up the hill. 


He was quite a distance away, which left no opportunity for a decent shot. This is the best I could do.



And then he was gone...

Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. I didn't find the bird until the second picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a tough one to catch. There are a lot of them around here, but they usually keep moving at high speed. Not sure why this one stopped.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is good camouflage!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun birds, but sooo hard to catch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! What fun to see a Road runner! I find them to be comical absurd looking birds, but not on these shots. I had difficulty finding him until your second image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your best is fine! I saw him by the second photo (and then I went back and found him in the first one -- it's kind of like one of those puzzles in a kids magazine -- or a Bev Doolittle painting, remember those?.) Anyway I miss seeing these cool guys.

    ReplyDelete