Pages

Monday, July 23, 2018

Stratford Peach Festival

Last Saturday a friend invited me to go to the Stratford Peach Festival in Stratford, OK. Liked the contrast of the old water tower with all the newfangled equipment mounted on top. 

The old Train Depot is still standing.

The temperature was predicted to hit 103°, so we went early. Worked well because the crowd hadn't arrived yet and we didn't get overly hot before we left.

The highlight was the homemade peach ice cream. It is normally made from Stratford peaches, but the blossoms froze this year, so the peaches were shipped in from Texas.

It was quite tasty. $4.00 for a cup seemed a little excessive, but it was worth every penny.

There were lots of vendors hawking their wares, but I only bought one thing. This is a cutting board. The pup reminds me of my Findley. Sadly he crossed the rainbow bridge a couple of years ago.

On the way out of town, we decided to stop in and see what the Purple Swirl Shop had to offer. There was a good mix of antique and collectible items, but I left them all inside the store.

Upon our return, we stopped by one of the Mexican restaurants in town and enjoyed a swirl margarita. Yum!

Linking to Our World Tuesday

13 comments:

  1. What a delightful way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and a peachy time was had by all. 🍑

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, the peach festival sounds like fun. I like the cutting board. The ice cream and drink both look delicious. Enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you enjoyed yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh homemade peach ice cream sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a good day!! Glad the y were able t import peaches for the ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hoping you'd show some peaches, but peach icecream is even better. I'm going to look up swirl margarita to see what's in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do rather fancy that peach ice-cream but it is rather expensive. Swirl margarita sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I would love some peach ice cream now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 103° ! Wow !

    That ice cream sounds very nice indeed !

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. 103!! That's pretty hot. I love peach ice cream and those margaritas look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, I have started to see peaches everywhere but I have not had the first one of the season. The other day I was close to get grilled peaches with vanilla ice cream for dessert but was too full. I would love to try peach ice cream. That sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your day is my kind of day. Thanks for sharing it. I wouldn't mind freshly made peach ice cream right now.

    ReplyDelete