Pages

Friday, June 5, 2020

Weekend Roundup - W

This week's assignment: Starts with W, Favorite, and White.

Starts with W: WORK starts with W. This is our friend and neighbor getting ready to burn brush. One must wait until it is dry enough and not windy. Last Saturday was that kind of day. 


Favorite: Of Course, a horse. Isn't he a beauty. His name is WHISKEY and he likes carrots.

White: WHISKEY is WHITE. 

Just Because: How about a WET female cardinal? It was pouring down rain, but she still patiently WAITED for her turn at the feeder.

And Finally: These are the WATERFALLS Sioux Falls, SD is named for.

Linking to The Weekend Roundup

6 comments:

  1. ...did you bring marshmallows?
    ...WHITE WHISKEY is beautiful.
    ...WONDERFUL, but I'm not good WAITING for that special moment.
    ...WOW WHAT a scene WITH those WATERFALLS!
    Thanks Betty, have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a hot weekend, but I'm going to enjoy the weekend anyway. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Betty. I hope you didn't drive a thousand miles up to see those falls. We lived growing up between Omaha and Sioux City so it was fairly close. But we have never seen those falls. Cedar Rapids iowa is about the same distance for you, the Rapids aren't spectacular either. My sister lives a little north of there.
    Your horse finds are always great, as is Whiskey. I couldn't have identified the pretty lady Cardinal.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim, My step-daughter lives in Sioux Falls, so we go there often. It's our favorite area to visit, along with the rest of SD and Wyoming. We are headed to Montana sometimes this summer.

      Delete
  3. Hi Betty, I like your photo of the wet cardinal! One of my favorite birds! I also, have a white horse on my post this week. Your horse photos are all lovely! Have a good weekend.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set of Ws! I love your Work photo and Whiskey is of course gorgeous. I use the help of internet in finding words, but nevertheless no one of your words occurred to my mind :DD So funny!

    ReplyDelete