Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Deer Day

Sometimes coffee on the back porch really pays off. I happened to look toward the pond and saw a deer on the far side. Fortunately, Gus didn't see her, so I sent him inside. He would have barked and scared her away. 

I couldn't tell what she was doing until I zoomed in with my camera. She was nursing her baby. How lucky am I?

She saw me watching her...

...but didn't seem to mind.

She stayed there until her fawn was finished nursing, then they took off into the woods. Not something I've ever seen before, but sure happy she shared with me.

Linking to Saturday Critters

10 comments:

  1. Hello, Betty
    Wonderful captures of the mama deer and her baby. The spotted little one is so cute! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend. PS, thanks for the visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I've never seen that before either! What an amazing experience getting to witness this beautiful sight. I know you must have felt wonderful. Nature never disappoints! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,what a lovely sight, mother deer and her baby ❤︎

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to be able to view a scene like this from your home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Betty, how wonderful to see both mother deer and her baby, great pictures.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!
    I have seen lots of deer, but never one nursing her baby!
    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic thing to witness!


    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. You were in the right place at the right time. Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a real treat to be able to watch this from your back porch. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete