Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Weekend Roundup - I and J

This weeks assignment is 'J': Starts with J, Favorite, and Jewel. However, I missed last week which was 'I': Starts with I, Favorite, and Insect. So, I'm doubling up—yet again!

Starts with I: ICE starts with I. This looks like snow-covered ground, but in reality it is a layer of freezing rain and sleet. Mr. White-throated Sparrow looks cold, while waiting for his turn at the feeders.


Starts with J: JOCKEY starts with J. Last weekend, we enjoyed a mini-vacation in Hot Springs, AR. Of course, we had to go to Oaklawn racetrack while we were there. This is my pick to win the first race. Winner! Winner!


Favorite I: Below you will see my pick taking the lead. Also, in the background, notice all the tents set up in the INFIELD. There were a few people braving the misty day to enjoy drinks, food and the band. 


Favorite J: I wanted to post my favorite picture of JUBE (a horse, of course), but I posted him for 'H' week. Instead I chose to post a bird, which is my other favorite critter. This is an early morning shot of a dark-eyed JUNCO sitting on the fence.


Insect: On February 19, 2022, while enjoying a balmy day on the back porch, this lovely INSECT floated by. Needless to say, I was a little surprised to see a butterfly in mid-February—even in Oklahoma.


Jewell: This is a picture of a light fixture in my daughter's basement. Looks like JEWELS  to me.


Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!


Linking to The Weekend Roundup

5 comments:

  1. ...Betty you combine I and J well. I would have been disappointed IF you hadn't included some horses! Your daughter has a might fancy basement. I JUST have cobwebs!Thanks for JOINING the party. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a Junco but I Do like the light in your daughter's room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty, that's a pretty little insect. You're lucky to see it and also have a plant that is beginning to flower, in February. We still have some patches of snow around, just recently got 6" Our ground is just beginning to thaw a bit. Love the horses, as always. I've been to a few races, they're always fun! Nice photos this week! The light, is a jewel! Enjoy your week. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good mix of 'I' and 'J'.

    I do like the light in your daughters basement.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete