Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - N

This week's assignment: Starts with N, Favorite, and Number.

Starts with N: NOSE begins with N. And Dylan has decided his friend needs a NOSE lick for some reason. 

Favorite: NEW begins with N. In this case, how about a NEW horse. He is a nice one too. 

Since it is fall, time to switch out my summer hat for a NEW felt one. 

Number: An address on a fence, which includes NUMBERS.

Just Because: Do you remember NEWLY from the long-running Gunsmoke series? NEWLY a.k.a. Buck Taylor is an actor and also an artist. We have several of his prints dotting our walls and they are all western themed. Below is one titled Dad and Me. For those who are fans of westerns, you will recognize his father in this picture—Dub Taylor.

And Finally: How about a quilt made up of characters in NURSERY rhymes? Totally my work. I'm not the embroidery expert or quilter that my mom was, but I'm quite proud of this baby quilt. I won't tell you how many years it took me to finish it. Let's just say the grandchild it was meant for is now in high school. :) Still Mom would have been proud.

Linking to The Weekend Roundup

5 comments:

  1. ...Betty what a N eat western theme for your N post. That's quite felt hat you have. Thanks for stopping by,

    ReplyDelete
  2. The horses are good company.

    I was only familiar with Buck Taylor through a couple of films, Gettysburg and Tombstone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horses are absolutely beautiful, and a kind lick from one equine to another, a very nice neighbor! I really like the Gunsmoke painting, as the character's profiles are fading, perhaps our memories too - they don't make quality TV shows anymore! Christian Lane looks nice, not suburbia but true country living...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice horses, Betty. I am wondering what you named the new one? But I suppose it had a name and he must keep that. I like the way horses nuzzle each other and do a little nibble bite.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, that is a lovely baby quilt :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete