Pages

Friday, November 2, 2018

Weekend Roundup - R

This week's prompts: Starts with R, Favorite, and Red.

Starts with R: RIDER starts with R. This little RIDER enjoyed an assisted RIDE around the yard on Bonnie. 


Favorite: I do love birds. Especially hawks. I stopped in the middle of a county highway to get a shot of this RED-shouldered hawk. Good thing there wasn't any traffic. I was surprised he allowed me to get out of the truck without flying away. 

Red: My new-to-me RED RIDE. I planned to get a car for my back road rambles, but after seeing the rough back roads around here,  I decided a truck would be a better option. We bought it from an estate sale in Texas. It now sports Oklahoma tags.

Just Because: This is one of the ROADS I like to drive down to look for birds and other critters. I often see deer crossing in this area.


When taking the picture of the ROAD, I spotted this lonely ROUND bail peeking through the trees.

And Finally: REMINGTON Park in Oklahoma City is celebrating its 30 year anniversary. I hope to go again before the season ends. 

Linking to The Weekend Roundup

5 comments:

  1. I like the truck! It's been awhile since I've seen a Texas plate up here, probably the summer or late spring.

    The hawk is quite a sight to see. I remember one perched on a fence, quite fine with myself photographing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Betty, you can up with some wonderful 'R's. I love the 'R'ound bale. something I see all the time, would have never thought of. I've had trucks for over 40 years, but now have a beat up Ford Escape, it goes anywhere and I love it. Thanks for stopping by, a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little "Rider" is so cute! Might she be your granddaughter? I love that hawk, too! I absolutely, love birds. I go out several time a week, just to shoot pics of them! Have a good week, Betty!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, that pretty Red Chevy pickup is just the thing for taking the back roads. Our grandaughter works for an oil company and when she worked near MacCalister she had company pickup for the back roads and oil fields. They moved her to Alaska but the truck stayed. Really a good hay bale picture also. 
    ..

    ReplyDelete