Pages

Friday, May 19, 2017

The Trip Begins

It's been a while since I posted. That's because immediately after DA's cardiologist appointment on March 28th, we hooked up the RV and took off for Oklahoma. We didn't stay at an RV park, but rather set up out by a friend's horse barn, where we had access to electricity, water, and sewer. However, there was no WiFi and only the TV channels we could pick up with our antenna. It was actually very refreshing. We found other things to do rather than stare at the TV and computer. Nice!

We came home last week, but have been busy catching up on the chores we missed out on for the 6 weeks we were gone. So now, I'm going to start from the beginning...

March 29th - Wednesday
Our first day consisted of driving about 5 hours from Illinois to the KOA in Springfield, MO where we planned to spend the night. It's a very nice location. The people are friendly and the RV park is well maintained. It is near Route 66, hence the theme.


Route 66 was prominently displayed throughout the park. 


I enjoyed sitting on this bench outside the laundry room. Nice place to people watch while waiting on the clothes to dry.


The shelves inside the laundry room were filled with antiques. I particularly liked this old hair dryer...


...and the roller skates.


Our plan was to only stay one night, but we had an issue with hot water and a leak around the toilet, so we had to call a repairman. When that was fixed, the weather turned ugly, so we decided to stay a few days and leave for Oklahoma the following Monday.

It was still winter-like outside. Some trees were beginning to bud and there were a few early spring flowers. I enjoyed taking pictures of Mr. Robin.


When the robins arrive, spring will soon follow.

To be continued....

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I love the antiques - is that a pair of sock blockers on the wall behind the roller skate? (As I knitter, I had to ask.:) Your header is stunning and condemning at the same time. It makes me wonder how things like the trail of tears could ever happen, anywhere. We've moved on as a nation but still barbarians in some respects.
    I can't wait to hear more of your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I'm not sure if that is a sock blocker or not. I'm not a knitter. Started knitting a baby quilt when my sister-in-law was pregnant with my nephew. Still not finished and he is over 40. :)

      Delete