1. The most exciting part of the past two weeks was getting to see granddaughter L. She auditioned and won a place on the All State Band, as I mentioned in the previous post, but she also auditioned for The Honor Band and made it. I know I might be a bit prejudiced, but she is one awesome girl.
2. I was a bit distressed that the groundhog saw his shadow. 6 weeks more of winter when it hasn't felt like winter yet. We have only had snow twice and that includes this week. Still, I'm always ready for spring. There is nothing like seeing daffodils pop up. Why does Pennsylvania get to be the determining factor of when winter ends?
3. We had about 2 inches of snow two days ago. Gus loved it. He usually goes out and wants right back in, but I couldn't hardly get him to come in out of the cold while the snow was on the ground.
He didn't like the snow covering his Frisbee. He scooped it out with his nose and then tried to temp me with it. He failed.
Of course, he eventually got cold and begged to come inside. He's a fair weather dog after all.
4. DA, my hubby, had a doc appt with his Cardio surgeon. He got an excellent report and won't need to see him again for 2 years. Hopefully his cardiologist will give him a reprieve too. He sees him in March.
5. Since DA is on a low sodium diet, I'm trying to make foods with no sodium. It isn't easy since any processed food and a lot of seasonings have way too much salt. Today I'm experimenting with a salt-free spaghetti sauce. Yesterday I made salt-free Italian dressing and it turned out to be a keeper, so made a larger batch today.
Instead of regular pasta, I'm using a veggie pasta. No salt and lower in carbs.
Linking to Willy Nilly Five