1. Saturday - met daughter at the outlet mall for some shopping. We had breakfast at Denny's and then hit the stores. She was shopping for jeans and found exactly what she wanted at Tommy Hilfiger. She bought two pair on sale for 50% off. We went into almost all of the stores to see if there was something extra special or on sale. I'm not much of a shopper, but eventually found two shirts I liked. The sales lady set up a dressing room for me. When she asked my name for the tag on the door, my dear, sweet daughter answered, "Big Bad Betty". The sales lady was happy to comply. They appreciated my daughter's humor, thanking us for being fun customers. Daughter is in dire need of some payback. :)
2. Valentines Day - DA gave me a card with a very nice message written inside. We planned to go to dinner, but decided to go on a different day to miss the crowd. And, guess what? My hat came in the mail! I have mentioned Schafer Hat Works in previous posts. If you missed the original post, you can find them starting HERE. Fred makes the hats himself. He has made hats for such notables as Charlie Daniels, both Presidents Bush, Travis Tritt, Toby Keith, General Schwartzkoff, and even Steven Tyler. I feel honored to have a Fred Schafer hat.
Below is the address in case anyone wants to get one of these awesome hats for themselves.
The hat. I'm underneath.
It's personalized and the lining is luxurious.
Love the hat band.
3. Wednesday - After some discussion, DA and I decided to have a Valentines lunch today. The restaurant choices in this area are not great. One of the trade-offs for living in a small town. So, we decided on Lone Star Steak House. Sadly, they don't open until 4:00 p.m. So, I turned on the good old GPS and found Ruby Tuesday. It wasn't just closed for lunch, it was closed permanently. Next choice, TGIF. They were open.
It wasn't busy and the food was great. We both chose rib eye steaks.
On the way back from Effingham, we pu ton a Michael Martin Murphy CD and took the long way home. The long way took us through the covered bridge.
4. Wednesday Evening - Camera Club - DA came with me after a few months of not going. The photo assignment was love/valentines. I chose a picture of a friend with his horses...
....and DA chose a picture of his best friend, Gus.
5. Thursday - Gus had a vet appointment. He wasn't very cooperative. He is a pansy when it comes to shots. He pulled, ducked, sidestepped, and otherwise avoided getting blood drawn. We finally put him up on the table, where two of us had to hold him down while the vet put grabbed his right front leg and stuck him with the needle. Don tried to calm him from the front and ended up with a tooth in his thumb. The vet was finally able to get her job done. Don was the recipient of a nice, comfy band-aid.
The shots made him tired, so Gus talked DA into having an afternoon nap with him.
Linking to Willy Nilly Five