Pages

Friday, March 22, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - L

This week's prompts: Starts with L, Favorite, and Long.

Starts with L:  LLAMA starts with L and this one was enjoying a warm, sunny morning.

Favorite: This LOGGERHEAD Shrike sure is a handsome LITTLE guy. He waited around until I got all the pics I wanted before flying away.


Long: This great blue heron sure does have a LONG neck.


Just Because: LEAF starts with L. These LEAVES tell me my butterfly bush made it through the winter. LOOKING forward to seeing the blooms.

And Finally: President LINCOLN is always good for an L. 

Linking to The Weekend Roundup

10 comments:

  1. Llamas and Lincolns are always good for and "L", I like them both. I have never seen, that I know of, a Loggerhead bird. It is pretty, you take good pictures.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post wel done with 'L'. Take care and enjoy the weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, wonderful L series. Love the Llama and the Lincoln sculpture. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Betty, such a wonderful collection of 'L's. 'L'lama is a great choice and the 'L'ittle 'Loggerhead Shrike is new to be. The heron certainly has a 'L'ong neck. In these parts butterfly bush can be an iffy thing after a hard winter. And who doesn't 'L'ove Abe? Thanks for sharing, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had butterfly bushes for 3 years up in Illinois, but then we had a really cold winter and they didn't make it. We had a really cold winter for Oklahoma this year, so was happy to see they lived.

      Delete
  5. Tom sent me over to see your Loggerhead Shrike! We saw one this week and it's on my blog today. How neat is that! You got a great photo of yours! WOW! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The llama almost looks regal in his luxurious wool coat...Love the loggerhead and loon - very attractive avians! The 15th president is a perfect 'L' indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Llamas and those lovely birds certainly knew how to pose for you and LOOK good. My favourite is the statue. I hope you have a good week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking llama, Betty. I love your bird shots! The Shrike is so adorable! Have a great week!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete